Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Third Time's A Charm... (hopefully)

Okay, here we go, one more time, yadda yadda yadda...

As I understand it, the following are the expected essay questions (however he seemed to make alot of changes Monday and I don't know if I'm on the right page anymore or not - so correct me where I'm wrong):

1. Discuss Research (In)Validity: External and Internal (see handout)

2. Compare 3 Modes of Observations and their Strengths and Weaknesses (see handout)

3. Three Methods of Data Collection: Survey, Telephone, Personal Interview (Strengths and weaknesses)

4. Problems You Encounter in Survey Research (see handout)

5. Discuss Advantages and Disadvantages of Specific Methods Used in Qualitative Research

6. Terminology (woo-hooo fun!)



Whatever! Narrow these down or clarify them more and I am going to start to answer the damn things....

4 Comments:

Blogger Clstal said...

I'll do the 3rd one, it's the only one I feel solid on. I usually do OK on the terms but have NO IDEA what he's gonna pick (wasn't class mon helpful?! << /sarcastic!>).

4:15 PM  
Blogger Clstal said...

James, I thought he said if you finish early you can look at it AFTER the test. Looking at it before the test'd be pretty damn pointless for me!

5:34 PM  
Blogger harvestorm said...

C-

He said we could look them over before class if we wanted to (for thos people who didn't think they would have any time to do so after they finished the essays). So I think we can choose either/or.

(Note that I said "I think" I am not positive)

-hope

5:43 PM  
Blogger harvestorm said...

I'll hop on Number 5 for a bit and see what I come up with. Either he covered this the day I was gone or he didn't cover it at all. I'm not at all sure. But I'll give it a go!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home